Friday, May 18, 2007
On the eve of My "30th" birthday
So its interesting to see that I have not blogged in awhile but I decide to blog when I am about to turn the big 30! Well thats of course not until May 19th but still close enough. There has been many times I've thought about writing on my blog but most likely too lazy to do so. Its crazy but a friend reminded me that soon I will have to check off "30s" in the little blue book that is passed around in church. Did I enjoy my "20s"? I would have to say absolutely. I mean I accomplished many things before I turned 30. I went to graduate school and received my M.Ed which is an accomplishment in itself since it was a 17 month program. I survived grueling student teaching experiences, worked a few jobs that though were short gave me some more working experience. I even did a couple triathlons before 30. If this sounds like a self gratifying list of things, its not supposed to be. NONE of these things would be possible or accomplished by my own merit but only by GOD. I give HIM all the credit for everything I have accomplished up to this point. I can only imagine what GOD has in store for me the next 30 years! I am truly thankful for my small group, friends that aren't in my small group, pastors, and friends from NC. I could list a whole bunch of names but you all know who you are! I don't know if anyone even reads my blog when I do update it but well atleast it will be something I can remember what I was reflecting on at a certain time in my life. I will leave you with this modified phrase about everything: I do not know what holds for me tommorrow as I turn 30 but I know WHO holds my future tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment