Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Holy Spirit

Alright so I haven't written in awhile and well lately I have been frustrated with life, relationships, and everything in between where a friend challenged me to reread With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray. Well today as I read Chapter 7 of the book, I thought I'd share with you thoughts from this chapter. First the title was "The All-Comprehensive Gift" which is referencing the Holy Spirit. Now I've read a book by Charles Spurgeon on the Holy Spirit but it was a little difficult to understand. When I read Murray's interpretation it gave me a little more insight on the Holy Spirit. Jesus spoke of the Spirit as "the promise of the Father," the one promise in which God's Fatherhood revealed itself. "The best gift a good and wise earthly father can bestow on a child is his own spirit." Think about it. God is our Heavenly Father and creator of the Universe and of mankind. He gave us His one and only begotten son to be a part of us! "The Spirit meets the believer's every need in the variety of gifts which He has to dispense. He is the Spirit of: grace, who reveals and imparts all of the grace there is in Jesus; faith, who teaches us to begin, go on, and increase in believing; adoption and assurance, who witnesses that we are God's children and inspires our confiding in Him and our confiden; truth, who leads us to accept each word of God in truth, prayer, through whom we speak with the Father so that we may be heard; judgement, who searches our hearts and convicts us of sin, holiness, who manifests and communicates the Father's holy presence within us, power, who makes us testify boldy and work effectively in the Father's service, and finally glory who is the pledge of our inheritance and prepares us for the glory to come." What are your thoughts? I think Andrew Murray did pretty good on talking about Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

Steve Lamp said...

I agree. I think Murray is one of the best teachers on the Holy Spirit that I have read.