Friday, January 05, 2007

Through It All

As I was thinking about what to write today, I thought about how awesome God is. I mean I was listening to a song by Hillsong Church on the way back from a business trip and the song Through It All came on my ipod. Now grant it I have downloaded these songs from my CDs that I own but its been awhile since I heard some of these songs. One of the lines said "You are forever in my life, you see me through the seasons" and thought about wow that is so true! Try to follow me on this one... When you accept Christ into your life He's there permanently. He doesn't go away but resides in our hearts on a permanent basis. The line you see me through the seasons is quite significant where we have fall, spring, summer, and winter. This week as I was travelling in NJ the weather had changed dramatically from bright and sunny to the drizzling rain I drove back in today. The temperature also changed from 50s to like 30s. Just like the weather changes and seasons change, God sees us through our mood changes. Some may say the weather affects their mood. I'm not doubting that statement at all but no matter what we are going through God stays constant. He abides with us in everlasting, eternal love. For even when we struggle or turn from Him, He is still waiting for us with open arms. Where friends and family can let us down, God cannot never let us down. Now in turn we can let Him down but He still loves us through it all. The rest of the lyrics go "cover me with your hand and lead me in Your righteousness And I look to you And I wait on you." Even though we are unrighteous before God, Jesus intercedes on our behalf so we become righteous. "I will sing to You, LordA hymn of loveFor Your faithfulness to me I'm carried in everlasting arms You'll never let me go Through it all" So that leads me to the question. What song are you singing to God? Is it a hymn of love for his faithfulness? Will you let him carry you in his everlasting arms?

No comments: