Friday, October 20, 2006
What kind of worker are you?
What kind of worker are you? Amiable, Expressive, Driver, or Analytical? These were the four categories that my trainers at work asked my class. According to the trainers, these four categories were researched thoroughly and thus summarized how they could classify someone. I guess my problem with these is that with each category a person could possess a characteristic that falls into these categories. They went on to state that "Drivers" are leaders in which I beg to differ. They said that Drivers are "results oriented" and "make quick decisions" where Analyticals "love data but are emotionally distant". I guess I have a hard time grasping that because how can a "Driver" be a leader when making a quick decision might not be a sound decision? Results oriented is one thing but doesn't the "Driver" need data to show results? Also to say an analytical person is "emotionally distant" is quite the contrary. An analytical person might "love data" but with this data if you will they can make a more sound and well thought out decision. Having "data" to back up a decision made is more concrete then just making a "hunch". An analytical person can be quite emotional because he/she processed things perhaps on both sides of an issue instead of going with their "gut" feeling that a driver would make. Amiable and Expressive both mean friendly and approachable. I have no objections to those two because I believer everyone possesses those two in shape or form. There those that might show it easier but if God created you, He made you to have some kind of emotion. So which category do you fall in? Something to think about....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment