Friday, September 29, 2006
Worship
Have you ever thought about how people only refer worship to singing? When I think about worship, I believe its more than just singing some songs praising our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. My church back in NC had a series on Worship and thought I'd bring up some points to maybe make you think about Worship a little different next time you use the terminology. Worship is "anything that gives pleasure to God." Worship could take the form of singing, but have you ever thought that Worship should be everything we do that gives glory to God? In every act and deed is an act of worship. Giving your tithes and offerings (and I'm not just talking about money) is a form of Worship. Matt Redman wrote the song "Here I am to Worship" out of a dispute at his church in England about the style of music that was played. So for several Sundays I think or a month, there was no music played at all. Imagine a church service with no music. Is "As the Deer" better than "Forever"? Does God prefer one over the other? Here's another way of looking at Worship. 24/7 is greater than 30 minutes on Sunday. The 30 minutes or so we get on Sunday morning or evening (depending on your church service times) is only a preparation for the battle that lies ahead the rest of the week Monday thru Saturday. One last thought, have you ever considered yourself as a form of worship? Back to the song "Here I am to Worship" reflect on these words "I'm coming back to the heart of worship, where its all about you, its all about you Jesus, I'm sorry Lord for things I've made it, where its all about you, its all about you, I'll bring you more than a song, for a song in itself is not what you required, for you search much deeper within, whats in my heart" What are you worshipping today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment