As I was thinking about what to write, I thought about the challenge that was made to the church at the small group conference I attended this weekend. The title of the conference was Pursuing Community. Two speakers spoke about the pursuance of community and how God intended us to be in community. People long to feel welcome, to belong, and well we (being the church) don't always make strangers feel that way. I'll be the first one to admit that I don't always do that when I meet new people. However it brings me back to thinking of when I first became a believer and well people approached me and made me feel welcome. I think we sometimes put up a big wall where non believers will think that to go to church "have it all together and only perfect people may attend." The truth is we are imperfect people, with problems galore and well thankfully God still welcomes us in His house of worship. It would be nice if we had it all together but we don't. We are all fallen people but because of God's redeemptive loving nature, we can come to Him with all life's problems. He never said this road would be easy but he did promise to go through life's problems with us.
On another note, for those that are wondering I have been lately, travels took me to Ashland, VA this past week which is a small town outside of Richmond. I won't even begin to complain about the crazy traffic that I was in when driving home on Thursday. I left Ashland at 3 and did not get home until 8pm. In retrospect I am so thankful to have a job to go to. I saw that the latest news in the economy stated 80,000 jobs were cut. Thank you Lord that I still have a job and it seems my company is still making money despite the economy downturn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment