Alot happened this weekend. First on Friday I went to North Jersey for my brother in law's birthday suprise. His boss' wife invited my sister and him for a special suprise that weekend but due to my sister just having Zackary (picture #1) she was not able to go. So I was the substitute for her. It turned out the suprise was not only dinner but there was a lecture series going on at William Patterson University where Brian Cashman (GM of the Evil Empire NYY) and Theo Epstein (GM of the 2007 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox) had a discussion forum about their success at such a young age. I mean these guys are around my age and to be in those positions just blows my mind. Theo Epstein was 28 when he became GM of the Red Sox. 28! I was entering my first year of grad school at 28. Anyhow the forum was good because they had people in the audience ask questions. One of them was if you could steal one other person from other team's organization who would it be. Brian Cashman said David Ortiz and well Theo Epstein's response was priceless. He said "I would steal the man on my left (which was Brian Cashman by the way) and have him head up my scouting team." What I was suprised most about was how there were a decent amount of Red Sox fans in North Jersey of all places. Who knew?
Anyway the next day after spending time with Zackary in which I will try to post more pictures later I drove home and went indoor rockclimbing with my friend Jake in Bear, Delaware. What a workout! I am still feeling it today! Jake made it look easy but I still enjoyed it. Perhaps I will go again next month to see if I made any improvements. Then this morning I shared my testimony in church and well I hope it encouraged other people.
Then in the afternoon I went to a going away party for my friend Bubemi who is leaving us because her job is transferring her to start an office in Singapore! It was hard to see her go because she brings such a awesome heart for the Lord and sincerity when she prays. Bubemi, you will be missed much, thought of often, and prayed for always! I can't wait to see what God has in stored for you in Singapore. Who knows, maybe I will make a trip out there. Anyhow I am going to truly miss my sister in the faith.
Finally I went to the church service in the evening and who do I see but a person I went to high school with! All I have to say is "Only in Delaware". Off to Tennessee!
1 comment:
Your nephew is adorable!
Post a Comment