
Thank you all for praying about my car situation. I did get back to Philadelphia in time avoiding the late fee for renting a rental car. My first work week on the road was not too bad. I was in Salisbury, MD which isn't bad of a place unless you go to the bad part of town. One night after work I decided to go past the client's site in search for food. It was then where just a few miles down the road when I think I entered the rough part of town. I decided to turn around and head back to the area where my hotel was which had lots of restaurants and stuff. Life on the road has so far been fun. However I did enjoy coming back on Thursday to sleep in my own bed. This weekend I went to a wedding in Asheville,NC. I thoroughly enjoyed the wedding where one of my friends from HPU was getting married. I soon realized after getting to the reception area that not many friends I have from college left are not married. The indication was when the bride was throwing the bouquet into the crowd of like 4 or 5 women and the garter was thrown and there was me, this teenager guy, and a 6 year old. Did I catch the garter? No I did not. The 6 year old caught it but it was assisted by a little shove by the teenager dude. I thought I don't want to look desperate. Besides it was more humorous that the 6 year old caught it. Anyway the highlight of the whole trip was seeing a friend get married and the beautiful drive in the Blue Ridge Parkway. I love this time of year with all the colors of the trees changing and just smelling autumn in the air. If you ever get a chance to drive throught the Blue Ridge Parkway or in the mountains in the fall I highly recommend it.
2 comments:
I'm glad you are back safe and sound and in one piece. I missed you at church yesterday, I hope you have been able to get the car situation completely resolved!
Hugs & Love
You totally should have tackled the kif for the garter, I mean you would have been the memory that would have gone on for years! joking aside I did see a older man (like 70) almost jump over a little kid to get a free shirt that was thrown into the crowd at the Ren. faire. Twas a sad sight.
Post a Comment