Friday, June 22, 2007

Borrow Mine by Bebo Norman

As I was driving last week to my parents house in Southern Delaware, this song hit me in a way. By the way I purchased Bebo's CD "Try" because of the song "Nothing Without You" after singing it at the Kairos Retreat. However this song stood out. Here are the lyrics:

Take my hand and walk with me a whileCause it seems your smile has left youAnd don't give in, when you fall apartAnd your broken heart has failed youI'll set a light upOn a hilltopTo show you my loveFor this world to seeYou can borrow mineWhen your hope is goneBorrow mineWhen you can't go on'Cause the world will not defeat youWhen we're side by sideWhen your faith is hard to findYou can borrow mineTake my love when all that you can seeIs the raging sea all around usAnd don't give up 'cause I'm not letting goAnd the God we know will not fail usWe'll lay it all downAs we call outSweet Saviorhelp our unbeliefYou can borrow mineWhen your hope is goneBorrow mineWhen you can't go on'Cause the world will not defeat youWhen we're side by sideWhen your faith is hard to findYou can borrow mineWhen you are weakUnable to speakYou are not aloneThe God who has saved usWill never forsake ushe's coming to take usTake us to our homeYou can borrow mineWhen your hope is goneBorrow mineWhen you can't go on'Cause the world will not defeat youWhen we're side by sideWhen your faith is hard to findWhen your faith is hard to findYou can borrow mineTake my handTake my loveDon't give inDon't give up

Lately I have been going through a hard time dealing with not working. Its almost like my faith was on rocky waters and I couldn't see the life raft God was throwing me. Well as I was driving the line "You can borrow mine when your hope is gone borrow mine when you can't go on, the world will not defeat you when we're side by side" As this started to register me that God was telling me in His small still voice here I am, borrow mine. I kept on repeating this song on my CD and well it finally hit me that God was telling me that everything was going to be okay. Its like He was my passenger even though no one physically was there. I started to feel God's peace within after that. A few days after that day, I got a phone call from one of the company's I interviewed awhile back as well as another that I applied to online and what do you know they both wanted to interview me! Praise God! Now I have my final round of interviews with one of the companies on Monday, (prayers are appreciated (O:) in which they will decide at the end of my interviews whether to offer me a position or not. The other company thought highly of me and is considering me for two positions. I almost cried that day to see God's faithfulness through this. Well I'm not completely out of the job hunt but I'm so comforted that God is carrying me through this. Expect a post from me on Monday after the interview. Its @1pm.

No comments: