
Usually, I would be writing to you about a song that I've been chewing on, but with lots of mind, I decided to change this a topic that I'm sure you all can relate to. So that leads me to this question, How far away are we from summer? Except for the time stamp, this picture was taken on my trip to the Outer Banks in North Carolina when it was still about 70 degrees out when right now the best we could hope for is 40 degrees. Its times like these that I wish I was back in North Carolina where though it might be cold, there is no SNOW or ICE! Not that I don't mind seeing snow, but when its been freezing temperatures and no sun one starts to wonder how far away are we form summer? This week took me to the likes of Mconnellsburg, PA and Danville, PA. These cities are more closer to the Maryland border then they are the PA/Delaware border. Now you may ask what was doing out there? Just in case you didn't know, I travel quite extensively for my job throughout Eastern PA. Eastern PA is my territory and well this was the furthest east I have traveled to date. Needless to say with this kind of weather, I was dreaming of a warmer weather, the sun, the beach, and wearing shorts again, when in reality I was wearing winter gloves, winter jacket, many layers on top of my business attire. Where was I going with that? Oh yeah, well I made it to Mcconnellsburg, PA but didn't have as much good luck on my trip to Danville. After staying overnight in a hotel in Manheim, PA, all major highways I-81, I-78, and any other one you can think of was closed due to the partial state of emergency PA decided to declare. My GPS system which I already agreed was not fool proof turned me into many circles back to the same rampways of roads that were closed! After experiencing 5 hrs of dreadlock traffic the night before, I did not want to waste more of my patience or gas tank and headed back home and reschedule my appointment. So needless to say, my adventure brings me back to the original question, how fare away are we from summer?
2 comments:
Dude, that's brutal on so many levels. I am not sure what the count is, but I am thankful that every day brings a little more daylight and a little bit closer to warmer weather.
Today, it feels like forever.
Post a Comment