Saturday, June 16, 2007
A few things that hit me during morning devotions
As I was reading my devotionals this morning, a sentence hit me. It stated "God will carry us through whatever is ahead." In addition, I've been reading in the book of Jeremiah. In the 29th chapter we seem to always remember the 11th verse that says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." However as I read on I think verse 12 and 13 were just as important and reassuring. Listen to them "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." God not only stated that He has plans for you and me but also when you ask him, he will stop and listen to our plea and will truly find Him in the center of our heart. Sometimes I think not speaking for everyone here, we might be asking God many things but don't know if He answers or not. Do you ever feel that way? Or maybe a decision you are waiting to hear back on does not come right away and wondering if its in God's will? Here's some commentary I read on these verses. "As long as God, who knows the future, provides our agenda and goes with us as we fulfill his mission, we can have boundless hope. This does not mean that we will be spared pain, suffering, or hardship, but that God will see us through to a glorious conclusion." A glorious conclusion? Thats plain awesome. God is continuing to write our story as we walk on this earth. Its been difficult at times to see why we have gone through hardship whether it be through jobs or relationships. But God sees all. He knows when we are down and just wants to seek and we will find Him when we seek with not our minds but our hearts. There are so many times that we seek things for the wrong reasons. But when our heart aligns with God's, then we can truly feel fulfilled and know He is answering. I still don't understand God's timing but I am comforted that it will end with a glorious conclusion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment