In my readings I have been reading a book called Consuming Love by Steve Harrison. It has encouraged me, convicted me, and I thought I would write down a passage that really struck me. Note: This was on an actual billboard in Portsmouth, Virginia.
UNFAIR
A multitude of exploited minorities strive to obtain their rights. Many cry out against oppression. Yet one minority is the most rejected of all.
It is the minority of one. His writings have been burned, his philosophies suppressed. Those who have dared to stand in support of him have been thought insane. His major spokesmen, including his own son, have been murdered. Through all of this, he has responded with love to those who have opposed him.
For too long man has concentrated on his own selfish interests, without concern for the rights and feelings of others; especitally for the one who loves man most.
We object to this unfair treatment of the Creator of the Universe, the God of the Bible!
We stand unashamed and fervent in support of the cause of Jesus Christ.
"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment