
So as I write this post alot has happened over the last several weeks. Two weeks ago I was watching TV Sunday night when I started to feel this excruciating pain ever on the left side of my stomach. I told my parents that I was feeling this pain where they ran me to the emergency room. Three hours later the doctor told me that they would be taking an X Lab to diagnose where the pain is. Now mind you it took awhile for them to even give me some kind of pain medication to ease some of the pain. Anyway so they do the X-Lab and around 3:00am, the doctor comes in and tells me it looks like a kidney stone but they need to run a few more tests before they discharge me. I knock out eventually until 6:30am where the doctor has confirmed with me that it is indeed a Kidney stone. They told me that this is quite a large kidney stone in which it will require a outpatient procedure to break it down into smaller fragments to pass through my body. Anyway so I get home where I am bedridden while my parents try to make an appointment to see a Urologist. After calling a dozen of them, each of them said their earliest appointment wasn't going to be until late October! Apparently in the whole state of Delaware everyone has kidney stones. (I'm kidding but thats what it seemed like) We eventually found a Urologist that would see me that afternoon. He told me about a procedure that would break the kidney stone into smaller pieces so I could pass the stone naturally. He set the appointment for two weeks which was the earliest they could get a hold of this machine that did the procedure.
Fast forward 2 weeks
During the course of the two weeks waiting I felt alright didn't feel much discomfort where it was almost like I had no pain at all. The day before the procedure I had to take Magnesium Citrate (worse vile stuff in the world that says on the label (will cause bowel movement in 1/2 hr to 6hr, cases may vary) Lets just say it didn't take long for that movement to occur. So Tuesday 10/7 I get to the hospital waiting for my procedure. The doctor tells me I might feel some pain after the procedure because of the many pieces floating in my blood stream. Well I go in where they position me to do the zapping. The machine is called a Mobile Lithostripsy. You can read about how the procedure is done on this link:
The next thing I know is I am in recovery. I am feeling some discomfort but not too much. They discharge me about 2:30pm. About 3:30 I am feeling some more discomfort but nothing to be alarmed about. 5:00pm rolls around and I am in agonizing pain. I can't sit still where I am rolling around on the floor. I ask my mom to call 911 in which she does. Its back to the ER again and this time they get me in a room right away and put me up to an IV. The doctor doesn't come to see me until 1:00am and tells me I'll be okay and gives me some pain meds to lessen the pain.
As of today 10/13, I am not 100% but getting there. Doctors compare this pain to the closest of giving childbirth. I definitely do not envy women giving childbirth. This pain was the worst I have ever experienced. I'd appreciate the prayers as I continue to recover. Oh and at the bottom is a picture of the machine.
No comments:
Post a Comment