As I was preparing songs for worship for small group, the song "How Can I Keep From Singing" kept resonating in my head. Look at the lyrics:
There is an endless song, echoes in my soul. I hear the music ring. An though the storms may come, I am holding on, and to the rock I cling. Chorus: How can I keep from singing your praise? How can I ever say enough? How amazing is Your love? How can I keep from shouting your name? I know I am loved by the King, and it makes my heart want to sing. Verse 2: I will lift my eyes in the darkest night for I know my Savior lives and I will walk with you knowing you see me through and sing the songs you give Bridge: I can sing in the troubled times, sing when I win. I can sing when I lose my step, and I fall down again." Back to chorus.
As I reflected on this song, it is the story of my life in Christ. Recently I've been reading the book of Job and was thinking that this song would have been the perfect theme song for Job. It has been amazing to see what Job had to endure but still lived "blameless" in God's eyes. I started to read this book in the Bible because of the hardships I've had to endure in my life. Things have never come easy in my life but I don't blame God for it. He sees me through every storm, where no matter how far away I am from Him, He is always waiting for me with the life raft. When you think about you are in a trial who do you turn for help? If you said family, thats great, but what if family is not around? If you said friends, thats great also, but what if they are not around? I guess the answer I would hope you would say is God. Did God not promise us that He would be there through thick and thin? He never said that we wouldn't go through trials. However, He did promise that He would endure every heartache, letdown, frustration, rejection, etc. on the cross. Have you ever thought how it would feel if you didn't have a Savior that cared that much for you? I don't even want to think of that. For I know my Savior lives and He gives me a reason to sing, to shout, and to praise His name in the Highest! For He alone is worthy, For He alone is worthy, For He alone is worthy, Jesus MY Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment