Wednesday, September 12, 2007

You Are Faithful


As I was listening to the new Hillsong Album "Saviour King", the song "You Are Faithful" really spoke to me. Have you ever listened to a song that hit you right where you were at and kept on pushing the replay button? Well this song spoke to me. Here are the lyrics:


thought of all the years how you cared for me you have made me you who saves
and carried me always
you are faithful you are faithful you are faithful your joy is my strength lord you are my guide i rely on you i put my hope in things not seen your promises are true BRIDGE: always you're with me your hand will lead me my trust is in your name


The words I put in bold "I put my hope in things not seen" are really powerful. I mean isn't that what faith all about? His promises are true. He has never broken a promise with me. I heard a sermon that briefly defined faith in another light. The pastor said "Faith is believing that God is who He says He is and believing that He will do what He says He will do." Now we could go into more detail about defining faith but well that will be another posting. Though it has been tough to bear at times, I am going to put my hope and trust in the God of the Universe, the one that leads me by still waters and choppy waters, for He is Faithful!

No comments: