As I was selecting songs for Bible study tonight, I put in a song called Hosanna that caught my eye. Now usually when I pick songs out, I ask God to help me align it with what we are studying but for some reason this song spoke out to me especially of what I have been going through during this searching time. I've bolded the lyrics that hit me right where I was at.
Praise is rising, eyes are turning to You, we turn to You Hope is stirring, hearts are yearning for You, we long for You 'Cause when we see You, we find strength to face the day In Your Presence all our fears are washed away, washed away
[Chorus:] Hosanna, hosanna You are the God Who saves us, worthy of all our praises Hosanna, hosanna Come have Your way among us We welcome You here, Lord Jesus Hear the sound of hearts returning to You, we turn to You In Your Kingdom broken lives are made new, You make us new 'Cause when we see You, we find strength to face the day In Your Presence all our fears are washed away, washed away
[Chorus:] Hosanna, hosanna You are the God Who saves us, worthy of all our praises Hosanna, hosanna Come have Your way among us We welcome You here, Lord Jesus 'Cause when we see You, we find strength to face the day In Your Presence all our fears are washed away 'Cause when we see You, we find strength to face the day In Your Presence all our fears are washed away, washed away
[Chorus:] [2x] Hosanna, hosanna You are the God Who saves us, worthy of all our praises Hosanna, hosanna Come have Your way among us We welcome You here, Lord Jesus Hosanna, hosanna Hosanna, hosanna
Its not always easy to get through trialing times, but when I see Jesus there, I know He is there right there with me. I'm not trying to act holier than I am, but as a good friend told me a story he heard on his mission trip, God has me right in the palm of His hand, and if the devil or anyone else tries to take that away or fear tries to weasel its way in, they are going to have to mess with and answer to the Almighty.
On another random note, (and absolutely nothing to do with my posting on the song)I went to see Nickel Creek and Fiona Apple with some friends this weekend. It was fun seeing Nickel Creek in concert, but Fiona Apple I could have done without. I was pleased with seeing Nickel Creek live where their music is very soothing and relaxing in a way. Now Fiona on the other hand, to see her whole body flinging everywhere and her bizaare Zen reference in her biography gave me the creeps. What was scarier was that she had a following of adoring fans mocking Nickel Creek! Anyway the Fiona Apple episode although it freaked me out, it made for a good laugh on the ride home. Oh and for anyone that is a Fiona Apple fan that is reading this, forgive me, but I think you need to get your head examined.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Guess I'm glad I didn't have to see Fiona Apple, glad you enjoyed Nickle Creek! To be completely honest, I don't know either one, so I suppose I missed out... maybe next time right?
Hugs & Love
How are you doing?
Post a Comment