Sunday, January 21, 2007

King of All Glory

As I was listening to a new praise and worship CD entitled "New Life Worship:My Savior Lives" one of the new songs struck me. The song is called "King of All Glory" Here are the lyrics:

WHO CAN STAND NEXT TO YOUR MAJESTY
NEXT TO YOUR HOLINESS WHO CAN STAND
WHAT COMPARES FACED WITH YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS
FACED WITH YOUR PROMISES WHAT COMPARES

HERE WE ARE BY YOUR GRACE WE STAND
MATCHLESS KING WE'VE COME TO SING

HOLY ARE YOU LORD KING OF ALL GLORY
WE HAVE COME TO HONOR YOU
HOLY ARE YOU LORD HEAVEN AND EARTH
RING SINGING HALLELUJAH
HOLY

I don't know what this song hit me so hard but when I look at the lyrics "Who can stand next to your majesty?" The answer is No one. "What compares faced with your righteousness?" Again No one. By God's grace alone however we may stand next to His majesty and only by Christ do we become righteousness before God. Jesus has been referred to as the "King of Glory" but I never thought until I saw the title of this son that Jesus is "King of all glory". May I come to honor the King with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength for He deserves all the glory, for my Victory, and future is sealed in Jesus Christ.

No comments: